Tuesday 14 August 2012

Woodblock Card "Design K"


When I saw this post over at Yardage Design I realised the limitless opportunites to create custom prints using something I have easy access to - woodblock letters!


I do intend to do some fabric work, but I'm much happier experiementing with colours and designs on card...


I decided to make this initial design into a simple card for a friend's birthday...


I adore the textures created thanks to the combination of the woodblock itself and my slightly messy brushstrokes when applying the paint!


Every single impression is unique, stunning, and they just work together so well! I love that they make a bold, statement print, and it is so versatile, too.


Expect many more to come ;)

8 comments:

  1. Love this! So effective. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! (I've been meaning to reply to your latest post, I'll try and do it next!)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Stunningly simple but so effective Helen - love those brush strokes...I think I'd have tried to make the colour even, knowing me - but it is so much more interesting with the individual variations.
    Hope to see many more letter designs and patterns.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali! I'm looking forward to doing more :)
      Helen x

      Delete
  3. I think it looks really effective! vey cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. textures of hills and swills left in the paint are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...