Saturday 11 August 2012

Inspire: Catherine Hennessey

I love portraiture. And I respect people who can creates epic portraits even more because I find them so very difficult! Catherine Hennessey uses watercolour to create stunning portraits...


Her use of colour not only captures the person, light and dark; but also portrays such emotion.

 [Stagnant]

 These images not only make me want to try yet another style of capturing a person on paper, but also to try watercolours in a completely new way. A technique that requires control to capture details in the features, but also complete relaxation and freedom as the colours flow.

[Dizzy]

I love this use of colour and lines!

If you like what you see, you can find her gallery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...