Monday 6 August 2012

Chocolate Half Birthday Candle Cake


I'm a January birthday. Do you know what that means? Year after year of celebrations without a BBQ or paddling pool in sight...

I've always meant to have a BBQ to celebrate my half birthday to make up for it. This year I even planned it... But then it rained. Big surprise, huh?!

Anyway, I wasn't going to let my day be ruined by something like that, and decided to plough on and make myself a half birthday cake regardless! :D


It wasn't originally designed to be a candle, but when I'd drizzled all the chocolate round the edges, a chocolate wick on top made the perfect finishing touch!

And yes, it tasted amazing ;)


[Five 10cm round layers made from one quantity of this chocolate cake recipe.
Filling made from whipped choclate ganache (250ml cream/100g chocolate).
Coated in chocolate.]

2 comments:

  1. Happy Half birthday Helen!
    Your candle cake looks so cool - your photography enhances its awesomeness - a feast for a chocolholic's eyes!.... I can imagine how fabulous the inside looked and I expect it tasted fabulous!
    Gald you carried on with the celebratory cake!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali! It was a feast of chocolate :)
      Helen x

      Delete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...