Sunday 19 August 2012

The Younger Years III


I love this image.

If you came up to me today and asked me to draw you a butterfly, my priority would probably be symmetry. Make sure the left looks like the right.

These butterflies... Well, they have an equal likeness, but they are not symmetrical. And I love it.

Especially the middle butterfly - I love how the curves mirror each other. Childhood drawings are amazing. They capture the world in a way we struggle to feel free enough to do again. There is no regard for rules, it's just drawing because we want to.

And you know what? I even remember the pen I drew this with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...