Friday, 28 April 2017

Tractor Card

I've mentioned my use of the wonderful Wallies before, when I made the Plane Card. This time I used the tractor sticker to make a Birthday card for a young boy growing up in North Wales. I mounted the sticker on some brown packaging paper - I love using this when I want a more rustic look as it adds a new texture and a break from colour. I then mounted it on a striped background from a free printable papers collection (have a Google, it's a treasure chest!) I also added some holographic tape to the tractor, because even tractors should sparkle sometimes!

Monday, 24 April 2017

Polka Dot Unicorn Card

In the masses of craft supplies I have inherited over recent years were some die cut sheets from Lili of the Valley, including a collection of unicorns. This unicorn is mounted on some awesome polka dot paper I received free with a magazine, some textured cream card and some pearlised dark turquoise paper. I added some extra glitter to the unicorn's horn, because what's a unicorn without some sparkle?! These are such cute creatures, and the fact that they're pre-cut make card making a breeze! I did have to trim them slightly to smooth off edges, but I will consider buying more in the future.

Sunday, 16 April 2017

Easter Greetings!

Just a couple of quick Easter cards I made! I want to really helpfully share the source I used for the imagery, as I found them online as free printables. Uselessly, I cannot find the source. I will update if I stumble upon it again!

Happy Easter :)

Friday, 14 April 2017

Felt Bunny Ears for Easter!

In a shop the other day, my husband and I found some lovely fluffy bunny ears. The problem? The ones I liked only came attached to small sized headbands. I may have the wishes of a child but my head size is slightly bigger, so I came home and made my own!

These were so quick and easy to make! I simply cut 4 pieces out of brown felt and 2 out of pale pink. I dusted my sewing machine off (I haven't touched it in a while!) and attached the pink inner ears to the brown outer ears. I then placed two of the brown ears together and stitched down one side. I inserted a piece of card (smaller than the felt) inside and stitched back down the other side of the ear. This card gives the ears the strength to stand up! I finished the ends of the ears with a small piece of velcro - the "hook" side - so that they can be folded over any narrow headband! I think next time I'll make this flap a bit longer, but other than that I love them... I may be imagining reindeer antlers and who knows what else for the future!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...