Saturday 25 August 2012

Stab Stitch: Textures


You may remember the Tried and Tested Tip where I suggested keeping a sketchbook in your bag for those quiet moments where you would normally fiddle with your phone, to help keep yourself creative.


If you're looking to mix up your creativity even more, a book like this will make a huge difference. Every page is a different type of paper, a different texture, and will give you small challenges each time you go to draw.


If you make a book yourself using my stab stitch tutorial, the possibilities of textures and surfaces you could include is huge. Here's some of the things I used in this book...

masking tape paper • sandpaper • cellophane • envelopes • tracing paper


newspaper • pizza box • brown paper • sugar paper • tissue paper • wrapping paper


corrugated card • watercolour paper • calligraphy paper • cartridge paper

So why not try one yourself? They are such fun to draw in :)

2 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading your detailed, comprehensive tutorial and pages about your stab stitch books Helen. There are some tips that I will be putting into practice when I restart my book making...I've been keeping old envelopes and other suitable book page ingredients! The record idea is fab!
    One of the other ladies on the course I went on made herself a small sketch book to carry around with her! The textures in yours are a really cool idea to challenge...!
    Keep up the great work!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali, I hope it didn't get too long winded ;)
      I look forward to seeing more of your book making, I loved looking at it last time!
      Helen x

      Delete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...