You may have to excuse my sheer level of excitement when it comes to this... When I was printing with my Dad the other month, he lent me the equipment to try lino cutting. And the other day? I eventually got round to trying it!
My inspiration was this sketch of a yellow poppy that I did last year:
I found the tools somewhat easy to use with the lino, although there are a few cuts which aren't quite meant to be there!
Because I've never tried this before, I did a test run with some acrylic paint I had out, to see if I had cut the lines deep and wide enough to show up...
It's obviously not great, but it showed what I needed to know - that it could work!
So I took it to my Dad's press (I think it's the proofing press we used) and we got this amazing print!
I can't wait to go back and experiment more, I'm hoping to do a whole run of greetings cards :)
The lino cut itself also looks quite pretty!
I'm really not sure what my next design will be, but one thing I do know: I love this process!