Friday 4 May 2012

Skirt to Dress Transformation


My sister recently had a clear out of her clothes, and I was lucky enough to inherit this skirt...


I love the floral pattern, and I knew immediately what I would do with it...


 I attached two strips of black cotton tape to make straps, and rethreaded the dried up elastic.


I made a really simple but effective belt from a strip of wide black elastic and a black cummerbund clip. (Seriously, so easy.)


And... Hello new summer dress!


Thanks again to my wonderful husband for the photos :)
And May the Fourth be with You! Sorry today isn't Star Wars themed, I think I'm still all geeked out from the last couple of months...

5 comments:

  1. Love your dress! What a good idea! Clever you. I'll be raiding wardrobes to make one of my own! Love Katie X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you find a suitable skirt to use :)
      Helen x

      Delete
  2. What a creative idea! I really like the belt. I've been on a belt kick lately, but have a hard time finding belts that are cute and stretchy. Thanks for linking up to my blog! I've been enjoying looking around at your blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great refashion, Helen!!! The fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...