Monday 11 March 2013

Mother's Day Cards


Yup, more butterflies!


I was thinking about the other painted backgrounds I have been working on recently (here, here and here), and given that my art room is currently being redone, I decided to experiment with watercolours!


I love the atmosphere that water colour can create when used like this, and I added some gold acrylic just to add some lift. I was going to leave the cards as they were, but the areas of colour reminded me of mythical creatures, fairies, dragonflies and butterflies, and I couldn't resist a finishing touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...