Wednesday 23 January 2013

Tried and Tested Tip Number 24 [Photo Editing]


Just a small hint this week :)

Do you ever find that you've edited your photos and think they look really good, and then you upload them on to your space on the internet and they look dull, or over exposed, or just not right?

It might be because of the colour of your background.

Let me give you an example. The default image editing background in Photoshop is this mid grey:


 If I edit an image against that background, I will be editing it in relation to the mid grey. If I then wish to present my photos on the white background of this blog, my photos have the potential to look dull (or generally over/under edited). Similarly, if I was to edit them against a white background, and then upload them to a blog with a black background, they have the potential to look over exposed (or generally over/under edited).


The image above (from Rolled Paper Flowers and Paper Origami Gift Boxes) was edited on a white background, and you can see how it looks different against different backgrounds.

So, how to fix this? In Photoshop, you can right click on the background, and select custom colour. For me in relation to my blog, that is simply white. If you need a specific coloured background, you may wish to enter the code for that colour, pick a close match, or take a screen shot so that you can select the colour within Photoshop. It's a small thing, but it could help your photographs shine a little bit brighter :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...