Saturday 9 April 2016

Sweetbriar Sisters' Adorable Autos


Oops! I made these vehicles all the way back in July 2015, and yet somehow never got round to blogging them... I find that happens sometimes, and I only realise when I come to reference an earlier project and it's not on my blog! That's the main reason I maintain this blog, just to have an archive of (nearly!) everything I make. I find it especially helpful for recollecting how I made a project, or rediscovering past inspiration.


Anyway, I made these for one of my nephews (yes, I'm always making children's toys, I have a large family!) I used the Adorable Autos pattern by Sweetbriar Sisters, specifically the car and van elements. They design such beautiful patterns, I shared the giraffe I made using their pattern here.



I machine-stitched the main pieces together, and enjoyed the fiddly handstitching of the windows and wheels! My only issue with this pattern was that I found the shape lost some of it's definition when I was sewing it up, but this may just be my inexperience of making 3D objects! I still love the idea of adapting this pattern to trains, but my felt train pattern was certainly easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...