Tuesday 14 April 2015

Rainbow Crochet Blanket


If you follow me on Facebook, you will have seen lots of progress shots of this blanket as I've worked on it! It took me less than 6 weeks to make a single bed sized blanket, which I am so proud of! I also made a matching granny rabbit using this pattern. She's called Fizzy, and she has every colour from the blanket on her somewhere!


I used this pattern, Stylecraft's Blanket 9091. But... I changed it up a bit! Firstly, I kept it to single stripes of each colour all the way through, instead of switching to double width stripes part way through, as the pattern suggests. I also added an extra 2 and a bit balls of grey wool to take it up to a bigger blanket size - I think mine is wider than the pattern as well as longer! There are two colour options for this blanket, and I went for the cheaper Stylecraft DK. It's not the same as the one pictured in the pattern, but I love it :)

I may have caught the blanket making bug, which my wallet really cannot afford!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blanket ❤ and lovely photos as well. Thanks for showing us 😊. I am currently making a blanket as well, although I'm doing it along side other projects so it will take me longer to do. I'm loving it though 😊 as I love making blankets. I've made several baby blankets but this is my first single size one.

    I know what you mean about catching the blanket making bug, I love making blankets and I always miss doing them once I've finished. I find them very relaxing to do and perfect for the days when I'm feeling so ill that other crochet is too much.

    At least with using yarn like Stylecraft Special DK the price isn't too bad, I'd love to make some single size ones with cotton but the cost is huge. If you fancy trying a different yarn that shouldn't work out much more to use I can also recommend Caron Simply Soft ❤ . I'm hoping to make a blanket with this soon and I'm also looking at trying some ICE yarn too, all budget yarns that make it more affordable to make blankets 😊 especially single size or larger.

    Take care,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but thank you for your comment and the recommendations!
      Helen x

      Delete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...