Wednesday 19 December 2018

Icarus Baby Booties


So these baby booties (which I suspect have come out a bit bigger than the newborn size I intended!) started off as Dinosaur Booties, using this free pattern. Then I came to the spines, and not only was I not feeling them, I couldn't help but feel the colours were more dragon than dinosaur. As soon as I mentioned to my husband the possibility of adding wings, he introduced me to the story of Icarus, and so these booties were born! I think I adapted the wings from this Toothless pattern, and the wool I used was leftover Jazz Tones from my Purple Granny Square Blanket.

"I'm on a roll, I'm feeling Icarus, I might have flown too high..."
Switchfoot - Light and Heavy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...