Thursday 12 January 2017

Crochet Fingerless Gloves


There's something about fingerless gloves/wrist warmers that I find incredibly appealing. There are some beautiful patterns out there, and unlike a hat you get to enjoy looking at them as you wear them. There's no shame in having a pair of wrist warmers ready for you in every room of the house and every coat pocket, giving plenty of excuses to own as many pairs as possible! And better than gloves, they don't interfere with whatever it is you're attempting to do.


These particular fingerless gloves were made for a friend who is always cold. I chose this fingerless gloves pattern by crejjtion, and used Rico Baby Classic 4-ply in blue - I only used about 30g of the 50g ball! The pattern itself... In parts it was very easy and methodical to work, but I also threw this project across the bed more than once! The pattern itself is written in a somewhat complex way, having to constantly reference earlier rows, and I found this made it unnecessarily difficult. I also had some issues around the thumb holes, but I worked it out eventually! I'm a UK size 12, and I found these gloves to be a bit tighter than I would have liked, so worth bearing in mind if you have larger wrists!


I presented the gloves tied with ribbon and a printed label. I will say it again and again - it's always worth putting effort in to the packaging of your homemade items!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...