Saturday 8 October 2016

Elegant 30th Birthday Card


When it comes to friendship groups, I have a tendency to be the youngest. Maybe it comes from being the youngest sibling, but I have always gravitated to those older than me. To this extent, over the last few years, I have watched those closest to me turn 30, whilst I'm still a baby at 26! It's interesting how quickly we as humans change from being so excited as youngsters to be a year older (my nephew's biggest complaint on his 3rd birthday was that he wasn't 4!) to fearing that extra candle on the cake. Anyway, I wanted a beautiful, classy card for a dear friend who recently hit that milestone (30, not 4), and this is what materialised on my desk.

I used an oval template to draw the zero, and designed the "3" myself - I had a vision in my head! I cut the numbers out from a pearl card, and mounted them on the beautiful floral paper using 3D sticky pads. I wish I could tell you where this paper came from, but I received it from someone else's stash - it's beautiful! I mounted this on white corrugated card (I really need to find somewhere to buy more of this) before affixing to the card. I thought the card needed some sparkle, so I attached mini gold gems to finish. I used a product called "micro glue dots" to attach the gems, and my mind is blown away by how much easier it was than using glue, and also how firmly they stuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...