Wednesday 7 November 2012

Fireworks!


"Remember, remember the fifth of November; gunpowder, treason and plot."


As a child, bonfire night involved the family gathering at my grandparents house, and walking down to the local park for the fireworks display and a massive bonfire.


Being held in the strong arms and warm coats of my Dad and Grandad as we huddled round the bonfire and watched the bright colours in the sky.


Returning to their house for treacle toffee, and then home for sparklers.


Now my sister's family lives in my grandparents old house, but we still pile round.


For food and fireworks.


Different generations of the family - different grandparents, different children. But still so lovely.


"Remember, remember, the fifth of November; bonfire, fireworks and flame."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...