Saturday 5 November 2011

Woolly Owl Hat!


Yup, a rare picture of me, in all my *made it out of bed* glory ;) It was worth it for this wonderful hat though. The moment I saw the pattern over at Slugs on the Refrigerator, I knew I had to make it. And that I did, in one week at that!

I did make a few tweaks - adjusted the size to fit my head, subbed some of the single crochet for HDC (my new favourite stitch!), and changed the thickness and length of the plaits.


I am so thrilled with it!




Finally, I'm afraid I have nothing for Being Creative this month - my husband surprised me by taking me back to where we honeymooned, to give me my new engagement ring after Royal Mail lost my original. We had a wonderful time, but I'm shattered now, and have too many other projects to finish ;)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing hat...or should I say head art! Its fab - love the wool colour with all the flecks and the looooong plaits. You are so talented being able to crochet (something that has beaten me time after time!)..and adjust patterns! Great to see you too as the proud owl wearer! What a lovely surprise from your husband...how romantic
    Looking forward to seeing more of your projects - you're certainly on a roll!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I tend to have to go to tutorials each time I want to do a different stitch as they all get mixed up in my head ;) I'm finding it much easier than knitting though :)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and it looks like it would be very warm and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've just pulled it out again for this winter!
      Helen x

      Delete
  4. You really are so talented Helen. :) Can't believe I've not had a properly rummage through your website before! I wish I could do half of this stuff, and be so resourceful as well. You will have to give me some tips I think! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) All I can say is just try something. Don't be afraid that you're not good enough or that it will go wrong, but just try something and experiment. Worst case, it might cost you a couple of pound, a couple of hours, and you'll learn something. Best case? You'll make something wonderful :)
      Helen x

      Delete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...