Saturday, 21 May 2016

Stamped Owl Card


I've been waiting for an opportunity to try out this owl stamp, and a young girl's Birthday card seemed the perfect opportunity! I did what I often do when I don't want to fully colour an image, which is a background watercolour wash. Once it has dried, I stamp/emboss the image over the top, and then add in some extra details of colour. It brings life to the image without too much effort. I mounted the stamped image on some beautiful papers I have in my stash and added a flower sequin to bring some sparkle! I'm afraid I don't know the make/name of this owl stamp as I received it second hand. It is one of the clear adhesive ones, which I have mixed feelings about. I like that they are cheaper than their mounted counterparts, but I never seem to have an appropriate sized block to mount them on!

Saturday, 14 May 2016

Cute Dinosaur Card


Confession time. I'm not a big fan of realistic dinosaurs, I much prefer dragons with their amazing wings and jewel-encrusted bellies. Cute cartoon dinosaurs though? Those I can get behind! This card was lovely and quick to make. I drew a simple dinosaur shape, added spikes and an eye, and mounted it on a card with a background of various yellow circles. I love my circle punches for things like this - it makes such a fun and vibrant background for kid's cards.
 Yay for cute dinosaurs! This dinosaur told me his favourite food is Birthday cake, and who can argue with that?!


Saturday, 7 May 2016

Sunburst Cushion



About this time last year I finished my rainbow crochet blanket (and matching granny bunny!) Upon finishing, I found I had a lot of the coloured Stylecraft DK left over, as you may have noticed by the amount they have been popping up in other crochet projects! I really wanted a cushion to go with my blanket, one that reflected it but didn't match perfectly. I considered a few styles, but eventually settled on the free Terra Cotta Sunburst pattern by Regina Weiss.



I began with the grey centre and then cycled through the colours in the same order as I used them in the blanket, using a 4mm hook. One side of the cushion expands from watermelon to daffodil, and the other side from daffodil to watermelon. I then did a round in grey, a round in back-loop-only to start expanding the edges, decreasing once between each "sunburst point", and 2 more rounds with the same decreases.


I lined both panels with some fleece I had lying around, and slip stitched the two panels most of the way together. I stuffed it, and then stitched the closure shut. It has made a nice, uniquely-shaped pillow that goes really well with my blanket.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...